Chanrol is now in a position to offer the market an Oxo-biodegradable products manufactured in our Blacktown Factory. This is something the Industries has been demanding and pushing for over many years and we will be right behind this industry advancement.
The Key Points are -
• Products will Oxo-biodegrade into CO2, H20 and biomass when properly discarded.Does not emit any offensive odours during their oxo-biodegradation.It is harmless to humans, animals and plant life and non-toxic, leaving no known harmful residues in the soil or waste streams.
The Products will continue to have INDEFINITE SHELF LIFE and retain the same physical Properties / Tensile Strength until placed in landfill where the degrading process starts.
- REMAINS FULLY RECYCLABLE and stable during its normal life span.
- Polypropylene Products will continue to be MICROWAVABLE
- The ADDITIVE is FDA & EC APPROVED for contact with food.
- Also OSHA APPROVED as NON-HAZARDOUS
• The oxo-biodegradable additive is compliant with ASTM D 6954 which is a set of test methods & standards developed to enable oxobiodegradation to be quantified in polymeric products.
• There is of course an added cost to this process so if you have a client base that is serious about the environment please contact the Chanrol Sales team for a Production Quotation on any of our Polypropylene manufactured Products.
This is an Exciting Step for CHANROL and we look forward to pioneering BIO-DEGRADEABLE products in our section of the Food Service Industry.
Please review our Bio-ChanWare line of Bio-degradable PP products here.
Chanrol Sales Team
4th May 2009.